Acidic-Cleaner, formerly known as EFF-ERAYZA™
STAIN-PROOF® Acidic-Cleaner, formerly known as EFF-ERAYZA™, is a new technology acid cleaner for removing efflorescence, rust stains, limescale, grout haze, mortar mess and fireplace soot. Acidic Cleaner is very powerful and generally more effective to use than traditional industrial acids but does not produce noxious fumes, non-corrosive to metals (except for uncoated aluminum) and temporary contact does not burn skin.
Typical Applications for Acidic-Cleaner
Acidic Cleaner is suitable for: a wide range of non-acid sensitive stones and other hard surfaces, including granite, slate, basalt, brick, ceramic and porcelain tile, terracotta. Indoors and outdoors on floors, walls, facades, showers, masonry and brickwork.
Benefits of Acidic-Cleaner
Removes efflorescence, grout haze, rust stains, mortar mess and hard water deposits.
- For non-acid sensitive: stones, pavers, tiles, bricks and masonry.
- Safer to use than traditional industrial acids such as muriatic and phosphoric, non-fuming.
- Super concentrated – 1 quart makes approximately 4 gallons of powerful efflorescence remover.
- Chemically etches acid-sensitive surfaces for added traction.
How To Use Acidic-Cleaner
- TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA TO CHECK ACID SENSITIVITY BEFORE FULL APPLICATION.
- If satisfied with test results, first sweep or vacuum all loose dust and dirt from the surface.
- Apply when surface temperature is between 40 – 95 °F (5 – 35 °C). Pre-wet surface with water.
- Pour, brush or spray mixed solution generously onto wetted surface and leave for up
- to 3 minutes.
- Do not allow solution to dry on surface. Clean large areas in sections.
- Rub with a white nylon scrub pad, or similar, to clean the surface.
- Always neutralize the acid by dissolving 1 cup of STAIN-PROOF™
Alkaline Cleaner (or other pH base/alkaline cleaner) into a bucket of
fresh water and pour it over the surface. Let it sit for approximately 3
- Rinse surface thoroughly several times with clean water using a mop or wet vacuum
Dilution Per Standard 2.5G/10 L Bucket 3/4 filled with clean water:
Efflorescence, Rust Marks, Fireplace Soot: 1/2 Quart
Grout Haze, Limescale, Soap Scum: 1/4 Quart
Mortar mess: 1 Quart
Add more STAIN-PROOF™ Acidic Cleaner if needed.
Precautions for Acidic-Cleaner
DANGER: May be corrosive to
metals(aluminum). Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye damage. May
cause respiratory irritation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Storage of Acidic-Cleaner
Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool. Do not freeze.
If exposed or concerned get medical advice. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water.
IF INHALED: If breathing is difficult, remove victim to fresh air and keep
at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. If breathing has
stopped give artificial respiration. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
IN CASE OF FIRE: Use alcohol-resistant foam or normal protein foam for extinction.
1 Quart (946 mL)
VOC (Calculated): < 5g/L
SHIPPING NAME: DOT (Road) Not regulated for transport as dangerous goods. DOT Remarks: Corrosive to Aluminium, Excepted per 49CFR 173.154(d)(2). IATA and IMDG: UN3265, Corrosive liquid, acidic, organic, n.o.s. (Urea Hydrochloride), 8, III.
Country of Manufacture
Made in the USA with globally sourced materials.
For other ancillary sealant and product care items visit our online shop.