STAIN-PROOF Alkaline Triple-Action Foaming Cleaner – Outdoor Surface Shampoo, Stone Cleaner, Mold and Stain Remover – Ideal for Indoor/Outdoor Concrete, Facades, Decks, & Natural Stone Surfaces
Typical Applications for STAIN-PROOF Alkaline Triple-Action Foaming Cleaner
Alkaline Cleaner is recommended for cleaning indoor or outdoor surfaces including patios, building facades, decks,
cladding, garages, driveways, eating and entertaining areas. Alkaline Cleaner is safe for domestic and commercial cleaning of hard surfaces, including:
- All-natural stone (including acid-sensitive, calcite based stones such as marble and limestone)
- Porcelain, ceramic and clay tile
- Brick, masonry, concrete and grout
- Vinyl and unfinished wood (with no stain, oil or other coatings).
Benefits of using STAIN-PROOF Alkaline Triple-Action Foaming Cleaner
Triple action foaming cleaner – oxygen. alkaline and detergent booster. pH approx 11 for fresh product.
- Multi-use cleaner for heavy-duty cleaning and removal of stains from oil, mold, food and beverage and leaf marks
- Can be used to make poultices for removing heavy, old, dried-in stains
- 100% powder concentrate – use a single 2.2lb /1kg bottle for heavy-duty cleaning of up to 500 sq ft / 50 sq m
- Breaks down odors
- Hyper-biodegradable – decomposes quickly into oxygen and natural minerals
- Safe to transport and gentler on skin than traditional alkaline / caustic/solvent cleaners
- Can be used to clean artificial turf
- Qualifies for LEED 2009 IEQ Credit 3.3: Green Cleaning – Purchase of Sub-stainable Cleaning Products and Materials 1 Point.
2.2 lb (1 kg) container
How To Use STAIN-PROOF Alkaline Triple-Action Foaming Cleaner
ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure
time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- If satisfied with test results, first sweep or vacuum all loose dust and dirt from the surface.
- Apply when surface temperature is between 40 – 95 °F (5 – 35 °C).
- Thoroughly wet the surface.
- Stir in 1/3 of a bottle of STAIN-PROOF™ Alkaline Cleaner into a plastic bucket containing approximately 2 gallons / 8 liters of clean, warm water until it dissolves. Once solution has been mixed it must NOT be stored in a sealed container, or the container may rupture and cause injury.
- Apply solution generously to surface and leave for 3 minutes. Do not allow solution to dry on surface (clean large areas in sections). Avoid applying in windy conditions. Gently scrub with white nylon scrub pad or brush.
- Repeat application if required.
- Rinse surface thoroughly with clean water.
- One 2.2 lb container of Alkaline Cleaner cleans up to 500 sq. ft. / 46 sq meters.
To deodorize your sink and tub drains, and keep lingering odors from resurfacing, pour a 1/2 cup of Alkaline Cleaner down the drain while running warm tap water.
To keep your toilet sparkling clean. Sprinkle toilet with 1 cup Alkaline Cleaner. Let sit for 30 minutes. Scrub with bowl brush. Flush toilet.
Poultice Cleaning Method
Alkaline Cleaner can be mixed into a paste with a little water and used to create a poultice to hold the cleaning agent in prolonged contact with the affected area to draw out and remove deep stains from countertops. Refer to the Poultice Cleaning Method guide for details.
You will need the following equipment:
A Poultice is a cleaning method used to remove spot stains which are too deep, too old or too tough for normal cleaning with a heavy duty cleaner. A poultice is usually effective for stains from fat, oil, coffee, tea, cola or organically based dyes. For the poultice to work correctly it must be left on the surface for at least 24 hours as the cleaning agent needs this time to break down and draw out the stain. Poultices are generally used for small stained areas – up to approximately eight inches in diameter. Larger areas require a different method. A container of Alkaline Cleaner, some paper towel, plastic wrap or plastic sandwich bag and some high quality 3M removable builder’s masking tape.
Make a thick paste with Alkaline Cleaner and a little water. The paste should be quite stiff, like peanut butter consistency – if you use too much water, the poultice will not work. Next, cover the stained area with a generous dollop of paste and cover with damp (not wet) paper towel. Then cover the paper towel completely with some plastic wrap and tape it down on all four sides using the removable builder’s masking tape. It is crucial to use the right tape so you don’t leave a glue stain!
Leave the poultice to work for 24 hours. The liquid from the poultice, with the dissolved Alkaline Cleaner will be drawn into the stone, where it will have plenty of time to work on the stain, and then it will be drawn back up into the poultice. After 24 hours, remove the plastic and paper towel, gently scrape off the agent using a rubber or plastic scraper, then clean the remaining residue off with water and polish dry with a soft cloth or paper towel. If the stain is not perfectly removed, it may be necessary to apply another poultice.
DANGER: Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye damage. Wear protective gloves/eye protection/face protection. Do not eat, drink, or smoke when using this product.
PRECAUTIONS: Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Wear protective gloves/eye protection/face protection. Do not eat, drink, or smoke when using this product.
Avoid release to the environment. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Material is hygroscopic, i.e. absorbs moisture from the air. Keep containers well sealed in storage. Keep containers tightly closed.
If exposed or concerned get medical advice. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. If skin irritation occurs. Get medical advice/attention.
Alkaline Cleaner Downloads
Brochures, Guides and Spec sheets
General Surface Maintenance Guide
STAIN-PROOF has produced a comprehensive, easy-to-read guide to maintaining your sealed (or unsealed) porous surface, including stone surfaces.
STAIN-PROOF Surface Maintenance Guide is divided into clear sections for easy use – indoor and outdoor surfaces, horizontal and vertical surfaces, heavy-duty cleaning, light regular cleaning, stain removal and tackling special problems such as salt efflorescence and grout haze.
Download our Surface Maintenance Guide
Safety Data Sheets
Follow us on Social Media for Any Updates or Offers
For more sealants and product product care visit our online shop.