Varme Mirror Demister
For permanent mist free mirrors, the Varme Mirror Demister is the perfect solution.
Easy to install. First of all fix the demister to the back of the mirror. Connect to the lighting circuit. Complete!
The self adhesive Mirror demister pads are suitable for direct application to a mirror. Connect to a suitable lighting circuit or it’s own power supply.
No thermostat required.
1. Mark out the back of the mirror to indicate where to fit the demister pad.
2. Peel off the protective paper exposing the ‘sticky’ side.
3. Position one edge of the demister pad in the desired position on the keeping the other edge away from the mirror.
4. Gradually lower the pad onto the mirror applying even pressure to ensure there are no air bubbles or creases.
5. If the mirror is not framed & is being fitted directly onto the wall, a small recess will need to be made in the wall to compensate for this & allow the mirror to sit flush.
All wiring must conform to the latest IEE wiring regulations ( BS7671 equivalent) if in doubt always consult a qualified electrician.
1. It is recommendable to connect the demister pad via the lighting circuit or on a separate switch.
2. Protect the circuit with a 5amp fuse or circuit breaker.
3. The colouring of the is as follows: BLUE – Neutral, and BROWN – Live/positive.
4. The Demister pad must not be accessible once installed.
5. Any metal part surrounding the mirror must be earthed & comply with current wiring regulations.
6. Multiple pads may be fitted to a single mirror & should be connected in parallel – pads must not overlap.
Do not cut or pierce the demister pad as this may damage the insulation making it unsafe.